1.14.2010

Woo hoo! So, this is my first post on my new blog! I am HOPING that I will get to know some of you whose blogs that I am constantly "reading several times a day in hopes of getting some neato ideas!

Let me tell you a bit about myself! My name is Kim. I'm a 35 year old stay at home mom of a 6 year old girl (going on 21 it seems!) and a 7 year old son, 2 dogs, and a wonderful husband. We live in central Utah, in a tiny town (and I do mean tiny...population of about 1500). The house we live in was built in 1889. It was one of the first built in our town if not the first built. It is on the historical register, so we are not allowed to do ANYTHING to the outside of the house, physically. (We can fix up the yard, etc, just nothing to the house itself). However, we have free reign to the inside. I think the last time the house was updated was in the 50's! There was some horrid wallpaper in the kitchen and on the ceiling that I just HAD to take down starting the day we got in here.

I will start taking pictures of the place inside, to give y'all an idea of what I am working with....any ideas you guys have would be awesome! Oh....and we are working with a budget of like 0$! Well, not that drastic...but be are kinda paying as we go along...so, we want to be as frugal as possible....y'all know how it is!

2 comments:

MaRiN said...

Welcome to the blog world! I am always excited to read new blogs. Sounds like you have an awesome renovation job on your hands. I recently moved into a new home and am working on it as well, not as exciting as your historic one though! Can't wait to see what you do.

Kim J said...

I just updated and posted some pics....maybe it will give you and idea of what I am doing!